Opportunities for dock and warehouse workers offer growth and stability
You may think of truck driving careers when you think of Averitt, but we have excellent job opportunities for dock and warehouse associates as well! These positions are the backbone of our service centers and offer many advantages and room for growth. As part of the job, our dock and warehouse workers use digital scanners and top-notch modern equipment to manage the day-to-day loading and unloading of freight throughout our system in a safe and professional atmosphere.
And once you join us, you’ll want to stay! Our positive culture is proven in the fact that more than 15% of our associates have been with us for over 20 years. Plus, we promote from within, so you can take your career in a variety of directions.
Think you might want to get out on the road? Our Dock-to-Driver training program is an exciting opportunity to grow your knowledge of the transportation industry. With this on-the-job training program, you get paid to work on the dock while learning the skills to earn your CDL, approximately 4 weeks. This is an entry level position leading to a CDL-A driving position.
Dock and warehouse positions at Averitt offer:
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off, including 8 paid holidays
- Excellent insurance coverage that includes medical, prescription, dental, vision and hearing starting as low as $94.55/week for family plans and $36.45/week for individual plans effective after 30 days
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Profit Sharing plan allows you to share in the rewards of our efforts, with a portion of our profits given back to you as monthly direct deposits into your retirement account
- Referral rewards - cash bonuses for referrals
Join us and work with state-of-the-art equipment while learning new skills alongside people who take pride in their jobs (and yours).